What you need to know before and while visiting the studio:
Visit our Online Schedule and choose your class. Make sure to read our class descriptions to ensure you are taking a class that is appropriate for your practice level to avoid injury. Most of our classes are slightly heated so make sure to understand the temperature of the studios as well. This is very important especially for seniors and/or pregnant practitioners in order to have a safe practice. As a suggestion, “Gentle Yoga” would be a good option for these students. Pregnant woman should never practice in a heated room.
You can find the class descriptions on our website or in our online sign up system as you click on the class name.
1. Come to class on a relatively empty stomach as a rigorous yoga practice can disturb digestion. Wear stretchy or loose fitting clothing. Bring your own yoga mat, towel and water (props provided by the studio) or you can rent a mat for $1 and bath size towels for $2. Spring Water and VitaCoco Water are also for sale at the studio.
2. Slow Down. Plan to arrive 15-20 mins. early to unwind and center yourself before your practice. If you are new to the studio you will also need the time to fill out the required paperwork.
3. If you signed up online, remember that you are still required to check in with our staff at the front desk when you arrive. Keep in mind sometimes there are 2 classes happening at the same time so be sure to specify which class you are attending. Also plan to arrive at least 5 minutes before the class starts. If you arrive 5 minutes before the class or after class starts and the class is already full, even if you signed up online, we will ask that you return to a different class.
4.Our yoga studio is here as a sanctuary for relaxation and comfort. Please turn your cell phone and other electronic devices OFF when entering the yoga studio to maintain a clear and present energy focused on your practice, and keep your voice low in the waiting areas.
5. Yoga is traditionally practiced barefoot so please remove your shoes and socks upon entering the studio and store them neatly in the shelves provided. Please refrain from leaving your shoes in the middle of the way where other students will be walking.
After entering the studio, you can leave your belongings in the cubies available to you in the reception area but we ask that you leave your valuables in your car or at home, as the studio will not be responsible for lost or stolen items under any circumstances. If you have small valuables that you absolutely want to keep with you (i.e. wallet, cell phone), you can bring them into the practice space and store them neatly and out of the way in the cubies provided. Always make sure your phone is turned OFF.
6. Students can arrive a maximum of 10 minutes late. Latecomers should wait in the reception area for seated meditation/centering to finish before entering the practice room. After 10 minutes or if class is already full, latecomers will not be admitted into class.
7. Classes can be full so stagger your mats and create space to accommodate those around you.
8. Once in the practice space please keep conversation to a minimum. Speak softly and if possible be silent so that you and others can be centered for class. There is to be no chatter in the practice space. Also take great care while placing your mat and props on the floor so that they do not make sounds that can disturb others.
9. Let the instructor know before your class, or during if needed, of any relevant medical conditions/injuries/pregnancy. Feel free to ask teachers for modifications. Also let instructors know if you are going to be leaving early, and if you would rather no hands on adjustments during class or during the final relaxation in savasana. Remember: Most of our classes are heated so check the schedule and become familiar with classes descriptions and temperatures. If you are pregnant you should never practice in a heated room. We kindly ask that you return to a non heated class.
10. During class, please refrain from any full inversions (headstand, handstand, shoulderstand) if you are menstruating, have a neck/head/back/spine injury, or migrane. You can ask the instructor to give you a modification.
If at any time you feel dizziness, pain, shortness of breath, or any other discomfort in any pose or sequence, stop doing it at once, drink water, let your instructor know, perhaps step outside of the room for fresh air and a cold towel. Taking care of your body and honoring its limitations is very important at all times.
11. Please treat our yoga studio with care. At the end of class, return all props to the place you found them and take care in folding the blankets properly. You can refer to the wall picture if you are not sure how to fold your blanket or ask your instructor. If you rented a mat, please take the time to clean it thoroughly with the mat wash and sponges provided in each studio and hang it to dry. A desk staff can direct you to were to hang your mat if you are not sure. Remember someone else will be using the mat after you, so be mindful of this practice.
12. Remember to take all of your belongings with you before leaving. We do have a lost and found box in case you happen to forget something, but keep in mind that after 2 weeks of having something there we will move those things downstairs and later if still no one claims them they will be donated or trashed.
13. Our studio offers complimentary tea. Glass tea cups are not allowed in the practice spaces under any circumstances. After finishing your tea please dispose of the tea bag and remaining liquid and then follow studio instructions to take care of your used tea cup.
14. Our studio also offers complimentary lavender/eucalyptus face towels to refresh yourself after classes. After you are done with your towel or if you have rented a bat towel from us, please dispose these in the dirty towel bin. If you are not sure, please ask one of our friendly desk staff. Please do not leave your towel in the bathrooms and do not put it back were the clean towels are.
15.For your convenience we also provide a shower. Please be kind to your planet and fellow students and make showers 5 minutes or less.
16.Remember we love feedback so let us know how we are doing by email, in person, or drop a note in the suggestion box at the studio.